22 January, 2008

beautiful films week: 5


This is in honor of my sister Katrina, whose birthday is today (Happy Birthday! Sorry I couldn’t make it!) This is her favorite film; in fact the first image is the poster in her bedroom.
I love this film, which is especially surprising since I didn’t expect to. Everyone who described it to me portrayed some crazy film about prostitutes and drinking, which I was NOT interested in. But my sisters convinced me, and I LOVE it. It is truly beautiful; my favorite scene is when they are singing and the moon joins in. :)


I love that all the characters are not only flawed, but redeemable (even the villain, to an extent, although you know he isn’t going to take the opportunity to be the good guy). It’s very touching, underneath the barrage of IMAGE, and fun to watch.

No comments: