26 July, 2006

Getting better

So, after waaaay too much anxiety, insomnia, and evil allergies I am feeling a lot better. Cam cheered me up this morning, so I'm no longer anxious (and trying to stay that way), the allergies seem to be on the decline (although I would really like to find my pills), and I figure 2 out of 3 aint bad. Insomnia is one of those gifts that my family likes to pass from one generation to another. thankooooo so much! My family has many wonderful genetic gifts, the more interesting of which I have inherited in force. Most of which I plan to pass on to my children. mwahahaha.

I made lasagna! Out of scraps of food; once the lasagna is gone we have: boxes and boxes of pasta. Think we can make it through August without buying groceries? Do ya? Here's hoping!!!! :) I got hired for the PACT camp this year, so hooray for almost a week of free food and money-making! I'm hoping I get the check by September, so we can actually buy our books...positive! staying positive! Shiranne is coming back soon! I am going to watch movies with her! hoooraaay! This is her in Israel; she is lovely and beautiful and awesome and I wish we were closely related.

Lasagna Primavera (ok, it's summer, big deal)

1 can whole tomatoes
1 fresh tomato
2 spoonfulls minced garlic
1/2 pkg frozen spinach
1 bunch chopped celery
1 small bag of baby carrots, chopped
1 can mushrooms, drained
Olive Oil
salt
1 box lasagna noodles
Mozzarella Cheese

Throw all the ingredients excepts the noodles and cheese in a large pot and cook on high until vegetables are soft. sprinkle bottom of lasagna pan with olive oil, and cover with a layer of noodles. Spoon half of the vegetable mixture over the noodles, cover with a layer of cheese. Cover with more noodles, the rest of the vegetable mixture, and another layer of cheese. Bake at 350 until top is browned. Good served hot; microwaves pretty well (but the carrots get sweet after microwaving).

No comments: