27 March, 2008

Apron Swap

I'm going to start putting up my backlog of posts; maybe I should post without the pictures from now on? We'll see.


Anyhow, for my very first Swap-Bot swap I joined the Flirty Apron Swap. It was a lot of fun, actually, and I got to try out some new stitch functions on my machine. :) My partner was Heather, and since she seemed to enjoy retro styling I got to choose between some vintage-reprint fabrics I had culled from the remnants bin at Hart's. I settled on this kitchy print for the pockets and front waistband. For the main fabric I used a pretty swirly yellow, and then I decided to back it with blue, to make it a little more 'protective' of clothing. I'm afraid it may be too heavy. Anyhow, did some edging with red, added a 'flirty' ruffle and sent it off. I hope it's flirty. C said "hubba hubba" when I tried it on, but who knows. ;)

No comments: