23 September, 2012

Shana Tova!

What a beautiful new year! This is my favorite time of year, and these are my favorite holidays. Maybe it is strange that I look forward to Yom Kippur, but I really do see it as a reset; I feel free, focused, and hopeful. I got to got to services on Monday, just Amidah and to hear the shofar, and nod at a few people I knew. It was brief, but very nice. We even had friends over the final night for dinner; our first time having people over for dinner in years, and our first time in this home. It was so much fun! The boys are doing well; finally settling down from the madness of my family's comings and goings and emotions (oh, the emotions!) We are finding our groove, establishing how things work now. It's getting better. Not that it was bad before; ok, parts were bad. Now more of those parts are good, and the not good parts are not so bad. :) We are enjoying the holiday season, easing into schooling as I have decided to formally (or officially, not very formal really) begin homeschooling. The boys are excited and enjoying it. By the time the holidays are over I hope to have a good routine set up for all of us. I have goals (!) for the year; I have been inspired and want to come up with 30 for my 30th year. I think it's doable. I'll print it out (and post it here) and get that going. It'll be fun. I know what my first goal should be: get more sleep. So that's what I am going to do now, as for once all 3 of my babies are dozing before 10. Sweet, sweet slumber. What a lovely way to head into a brand new year.

No comments: