02 September, 2011

happy times!

Asher's birthday is on Sunday, and I am soooooooo excited! #1 : because it's his birthday. He will be 4. That is mindblowing and awesome in itself. #2: after weeks of searching and craigslisting and freecycling and getting stood up by craigslisters and ignored by freecyclers and finally deciding to just buy a bike from the store we actually found him one. On craigslist. So I was able to buy accessories (bike locks! safety pads! new stickers because I scraped off the old gunky ones! stuff for the other bikes!) for a total that was less than buying the cheapest new bike we had found. WIN! #3: I have an awesome day planned for him. Totally awesome. Only 2 more days!

Another happy thing, we are going to spend 5 days at the coast! A pharmacy put out a call for a tech to work a week over there, and offered to pay for travel and housing, and then they agreed to pay for all 4 of us to stay, not just him, so the boys and I are going to have an awesome awesome time while he is at work, and then more awesome time when he is off of work, because! This town is only about 15 minutes across. As in, he can be to or back from work in 15 minutes. None of this 1-4 hour commute nonsense.

Also! He is getting an interview for the brand new store here in town (15 minutes away! ON FOOT!!) next week. He's been calling and calling and calling and talking to people since he first found out they were planning construction, and I think it is going to pay off. I really, really, really, really hope so, because thanks to a restructuring of mass transit his former 1-1.5 hour commute took 4 hours the other day. FOUR. That was not anywhere close to ok. So yes, new store!

I have meanwhile been fixing up a bike, hanging a bathroom cabinet, doing laundry, cleaning the garage, a bunch of other fixer-upper things, and keeping us fed, but still have not managed to find the battery charger for my camera. Which is worrisome, as I need it for both money-making and birthday picture taking, and I am running out of places for it to be. The hunt continues.

happily,
-nava

No comments: