14 February, 2008

fabric ahoy!

I mentioned the other day that I had gone to a FANTASTIC fabric store; well, it's Hart's Fabrics (hooray website!) and I bought some really, really great remnants!
This first group is for the living room; the floral fabric I've already turned into cushion covers; at least, almost, but my machine broke! The three on the left will be part of a 'throw quilt', combined with some neutrals and other aqua/turquoise fabrics I have. The canvas, well, I think I may have to make it into a bag, or something, because I love it but have no idea what to do with it!

This next group are going to E. The top two are a super cute animal print that I am turning into a cover for his bed, the other two are going to become bibs, I think. We'll see!

These two, again, I have no idea what to do with! They are canvas, so I think they will also become bags of some sort, but I have to wait for the machine to come back. Oooh, maybe a headband!

Finally, this cute little cotton print. It remind me of a show I used to watch about gnomes; one was a doctor and helped hurt animals. I can't remember the name and no one I have ever asked has the faintest clue what I am talking about! This might become some summer bibs, we'll see, perhaps a cute lining for something for me, another headband, etc.


I am going through my horrendous stash though; I'm going to destash pretty soon, getting rid of anything that isn't natural fibers, or just not my taste. I have 3 bins that are entirely vintage, so that should be fun for someone! Then I'll go back to Hart's; I have my eye on a couple of things :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

I remember that show! It was called David the gnome, and Tom Bosley was the voice of the main character.

nava said...

thank you so much! Now I'm going to see if I can get the show on DVD or somesuch for E. :)