17 January, 2008

Beautiful Films Week

Well, I've decided to jump on the Beautiful Films bandwagon, but since I'm getting started late I'm going to go a week from today, and maybe a couple extra :)


First up: Monsoon Wedding
I LOVE this film. I own the soundtrack and have seen it about 6 times, despite not actually owning it. The whole film is beautiful, and touching. Colorful, honest, and a little envy-inspiring (as in, Why am I not Indian? kind of envy.) It really is such a great film, and sends you on several different character plots that all interweave in a way that isn't distracting, but does establish each character independently while contributing to the overall storyline.

Oh, and the scenes? Beautiful. All of them. Even the shots of 'grimy' places are still pretty. I'm going to go watch it on netflix now. woohoooo!


::Edit:: after reading another's review on it, I did want to mention that it does deal with child sexual abuse. It treats it in a very good, respectful, and (I feel) gentle way, and one that I haven't seen before, but it is still very emotional.

No comments: