17 August, 2007

oh bento my bento

Actually, Cam's bento. Usually I pack him the leftovers; if we don't have leftovers he gets sandwiches (delicious, filling, superb sandwiches!) and no cute little box. (He still gets the cute little bag though.) Anyhow, today's lunch is: leftover Lazy Spaghetti Carbonara (parmesan and 'bacon' are in the separate container, to avoid sogginess), carrot sticks, ranch dressing for dipping, and a peppermint patty. Delicious.



Lazy Spaghetti Carbonara

Make plain spaghetti. Drain.
Stir in 1 egg (if it is a large pot of spaghetti, maybe 2 eggs), evenly coating all the noodles.
Sprinkle in some herbs (parsley, oregano, garlic, whatever), salt and pepper to taste.
Top with parmesan/romano and bacon bits (I use the tofu bits; I am addicted to them and eat them plain.) and serve. Oh so tasty.

I like to make enough to have leftovers for a couple meals, so I add the bacon bits to the individual plates, otherwise they get soggy in the leftovers and are somewhat less scrumptious, especially after reheating. Sometimes I hold off on the cheese as well; if you like slightly melted parmesan on your reheated leftovers though be my guest, it is quite tasty.

No comments: