24 November, 2007

day 24-going out

Today E and I went Downtown! It's the first time I've gone anywhere off campus on the bus with him, and we did really well! I had to pick up my last history book; unfortunately, when I got there the Literary Guillotine was closed for the weekend. It makes sense, as the owner probably went away for Thanksgiving, but it was a bit of a disappointment. We went to Palace Arts and I got a calendar for next year (I buy a big desk calendar every year and put it on the wall). Then we stopped in at Santa Cruz Bookshop; they didn't have the book. Went down to Paper Vision, my favorite store, and browsed a little. I found out that we DO have a Baby Gap downtown, and luckily I had the gift cards people have given us, so E has some much-needed new clothes. Hopefully these will last a little longer, as he's grown out of all his 0-3 month and most of his 3-6 month clothes, so I've started buying 6-9 and 6-12. Barnes and Noble didn't have the book either, so I finished up at Bloom, got some Giovanni shampoo and conditioners for us and then we went home! E was great the whole time; started to fuss a little on the bus, so if I hadn't stopped in the other two bookstores I'm sure he would have been perfectly happy the whole time. Then he slept from noon till 4! Amazing! I'm working on some overalls for him, then hopefully some shirts as well. I'm trying to color-coordinate for him, as he grows out of long-sleeved onesies first, then pants, then short-sleeved shirts, so if I can mix-n-match a bunch of different sizes his wardrobe won't need replacing quite as often (hopefully!) I dream of someday knitting a sweater; maybe if I start now I'll have one ready for him at one year? We'll see!

No comments: