01 November, 2007

nablopomo

Let's see if I can actually post something every day. Well, of course I can post something every day, just not necessarily something interesting every day.

E. is 2 months old now, which is just insane to me. I'm feeling a little guilty because I had no idea that at 2 months he should be trying to crawl. That is, he tries to crawl up me when he's on my chest, and he likes to stand whenever possible, but actually putting him on the floor and expecting him to move around I thought was a little further down the road. Oops. He HATES being on his stomach now, although we're on day three of tummy time and he will actually try to move now before dissolving into frustrated screams. (He managed to crawl 1 foot today! whooot!) He also refuses to use his arms, which will either make for some really entertaining crawling or force early walking. I blame being wrapped up like a mummy for the first 7 days of his life as the cause for his lamentable upper body strength, but we're trying to undo that damage as best we can.

Handing out candy on Halloween sucks just as much as an adult as it did when I was a kid. (I only went trick-or-treating twice as a kid, so we were on candy duty a lot.) While I don't plan to give out candy anymore, I'm not just going to sit at home and keeps the lights off. We're trying to decide how celebrating or not celebrating fits in to our beliefs and how we want to raise E; it's kind of a grey area for both of us.

No comments: